Thursday, December 20, 2007

Good for you Victor Garcia, Jr.


December 19, 2007 - 4:29PM
To the Editor:

It’s our religious duty to care for ‘illegals’

I was at the “rally” last Tuesday, and a Caucasian lady sitting in front of me, educated and seemingly a good person, made the statement that she was there to voice her opinion on illegal immigration: that every person must wait in line, even if it takes 10 years. I could not believe that she had said that.

These “illegal immigrants,” all they want is to earn a decent honest living. They are hungry and poor. They risk their lives and family to get to the promised land: the United States of America.

At one time, America had open arms like a true Christian and welcomed anyone, and the hungry were fed and given the opportunity to live a decent life. Even the Cubans that were killers and thieves that were sent here by Castro during the Carter administration were given citizenship.

I still believe that the United States of America has a Christian philosophy; except now, the powers that be have made us believe that the wall is the solution.

I will always help feed the poor and teach them to fish, even if they are labeled “illegal.” My creator did not make my empty stomach wait 10 years so that I could become a “legal citizen.”

If that lady was born in Mexico and had to come to America as an “illegal,” I as a Christian would be there to feed and help her, and that’s because I am a Catholic.

Victor Garcia Jr.
McAllen

No comments: