Monday, February 26, 2007

Hand Of God on KMBH-TV?


ARE THEY SHOWING IT?
I have received underground notice that KMBH-TV, our Catholic Diocses controlled Public Broadcasting Station, will be showing the previously censored "Hand Of God" documentary film on Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 7:30 pm.

I applaud KMBH-TV for answering the demands of their local viewers and for correcting their censorship actions of this previously scheduled documentary film.

I have not, to date, seen any announcement or publication of this showing. Maybe someone should tell KMBH-TV management that their corrective actions could all be in vain if they do not properly promote the showing! None of their schedules have been updated to show this planned showing and I have seen no promotional announcements. What good is showing this film if you keep it a secret and don't make a public announcement of when it will be shown?

Having previously viewed this film at the local screening provided by the Call To Action group, I strongly suggest that you not only view this great film but that you also RECORD IT. I have seen it twice and there were lots of things that I missed on my first viewing. I know many folks that are planning to watch the film as a group so that they can discuss it within their group after viewing. Anybody wanna come to my "Hand Of God" Viewing Party?
~Kanickers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, someone should record it to later compare and see if the diocese edits or cuts anything.

Anonymous said...

They wouldn’t be that dumbfounded, would they? Oh yes, we finally showed it, we just didn’t tell anyone when it would run! I wouldn't put it past Msg. Briseño!

Anonymous said...

I heard the original Frontline promo piece (audio only) on FM 88.1 (NPR) this morning, followed by the announcer stating it was showing this Thursday, March 1, at 4:30 p.m.

Felipe

Kanickers said...

Does anyone know for sure? Is it 4:30 or 7:30? We didn't even think about them saying one time, then showing it another! Sneaky! If anyone knows FOR SURE, e-mail me.
Kanickers

Kanickers said...

Oops... OK, my source was WRONG! They said 7:30, he heard 7:30, but then his finger slipped and he typed 4:30. I'll take the route of our Deacon; "If I offended anyone, I apologize."

I must also apologize for getting the date wrong on the Death Penalty protest. It was TODAY! That one was MY mistake!
~Kanickers